Comprehensive health assessment and care for Adults
We practice a holistic approach to optimal health; which means that we look at how all areas of your life are connected not just the symptoms you walk in with.
- Are you angry or easily irritated?
- Have you recently made a major life change (ended a relationship, divorce, marriage, pregnancy, birth, relocation, coming out?) Or,
- does stress at your job, at school or in your relationship cause you to over/under eat?
- Does lack of sleep or low energy prevent you from exercising?
As we work together, we will look at how all parts of your life affect your health as a whole.
Our Registered Dietician’s approach is not to dwell on calories, carbs, fats, and proteins. It is not to create lists of restrictions or good and bad foods. Instead, she encourages intuitive eating. She deconstructs your negative false beliefs about the foods you eat and invites you to build a healthy relationship with food. She works with clients to create a happy, healthy life in a way that is flexible, fun and rewarding.
Together we’ll work to reach your health goals in areas such as achieving optimal weight, reducing food cravings, increasing sleep, and maximizing energy. As we work together, you’ll develop a deeper understanding of the food and lifestyle choices that work best for you and implement lasting changes that will improve your energy, balance, and health.
Here are some concepts that we will explore during our work together:
Bio-individuality™: The concept of bio-individuality is that each person has unique food and lifestyle needs. One person’s food is another person’s poison, and that’s why fad diets tend to fail in the long run. Working on the principle of bio-individuality, I’ll support you to make positive changes that are based on your unique needs, lifestyle, preferences, and ancestral background. I use a personalized, holistic approach to ensure that you will have great success!
Primary Food™: It’s easy to overlook all of the things that contribute to our sense of nourishment and fulfillment. It’s not just the food we eat, but all of the other factors present in our daily lives. Healthy relationships, a fulfilling career, regular physical activity and a spiritual awareness are essential forms of nourishment. When these “primary foods” are balanced, what you eat becomes secondary. I will support you in achieving all of your goals, from eating the right foods for your body to living an inspired, fulfilling life.
Integrative Nutrition™ Plate: The Integrative Nutrition Plate emphasizes the importance of local and organic produce, whole grains, high-quality proteins, plant-based fats, and water. It shows you how a plate should appear at mealtime and emphasizes the importance of proportions and portion size. To complete the picture, the plate is surrounded with lifestyle factors that create optimal health: relationship, career, physical activity and spirituality. I’ll introduce you to some of the healthiest foods on the planet and teach you how to find what’s healthiest for your unique body!
Check out other site sections to learn more about ways we can help you on your journey; including learning more about our training approach at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and Soul 2 Soul Healing’s approach to Health Coaching. Check out our health coaching and nutritional counseling testimonials too.
Are you ready to start feeling better than ever? Schedule an initial consultation with me today!
– Full comprehensive health assessment: weight, body composition, sleep, digestion, sugar handling, thyroid, adrenals, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, stress factors, and levels of toxicity
– Identifying areas in your life that are out of balance and require more attention
– In-depth look at your *Primary Foods & *Secondary Foods
– Recommendations to create more consciousness around your thinking and behavior (1st step towards sustainable change)
– Mindfulness meditation and Visualization
– Mind-body integrative therapy for emotional clearing, healing and transformation
– Group process work
– Setting goals
Call to schedule your consultation today 917.528.1530 or email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Primary Foods – Relationships, Education/Purpose/Passions, Physical Activity, Spirituality
*Secondary Foods – Foods that we eat